My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dog in Law Book?

Beathard

Premium Member
Is there anything in the law book about a dog in lodge? I don't think the Dachshund knew the word and he kept walking between the alter and WM.

tomasball

Premium Member
There's an old story about a PGM sitting in lodge, and at the opening, when they purged the lodge, stood up and said, "Worshipful Master, I refuse to sit in lodge with a son of a bitch!" Much consternation, until it was realized he was talking about a mutt tucked in under some chairs on the other side of the room.

Beathard

Premium Member
The secretary snuck it in. It was actually pretty funny. Glad it wasn't a tuxedo lodge. A Boston Terrier would have been more appropriate for a dressy lodge.

Beathard

Premium Member
Distractions while turning in your EA work is not helpful, but he seemed to be offering you support. He even sat between you and the DDGM, and looked at the WM in an approving manner. Even the dog thought you did well.

Last edited:

Goatrider

At least the crowd could understand your work. I myself cattle auctioned my way though the first degree, completed in about 22 minutes.

Last edited:

Richard Valdez

At least the crowd could understand your work. I myself cattle auctioned my way though the first degree, completed in about 22 minutes.
that's pretty quick, we were getting to where it was around 25 minutes with minimal corrections, but I was worried that the gesticulations and hand movements would be considered overt in nature, and I didn't want to be "led by the hand" so to speak. So I tried to keep my hands on my knees. Is there ever an issue about hand gestures?

Beathard

Premium Member
There are no issues with hand gestures. Your prompts were very minimal. You could have done much worse and still passed. This, however, is not an excuse to lower your standards. Always shoot for perfection! If the person asking you questions is giving you hand signals, that is not going to be looked at as bad on your part. BTW, look into doing questions as well. It will help when you decide to go for your C certificate.

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Lol, I do gotta say that is a pretty funny story. I do gotta ask now cause curiousity has jumped up and bit me. What if a Brother has a service dog for some sort of disability? Is it alright for him to bring it in to lodge with him, or would he be asked to leave it out of the lodge room?

I really don't think that the Brothers would make him leave it outside due to "secrets" or anything but in case of someone having an allergy or even a straight up fear of dogs. Dumb question, I know. Just popped up is all and I got the greatest sources of information here and figured why not get every little question I can answered from the best minds...lol