My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Certified Lodge?

Beathard

Premium Member
OK, there have been several threads about what it takes to get an A, B, or C certificate as an individual mason. I was doing random searches on the internet and found a lodge in Texas referring to a "Certified Lodge" certificate. It was talking about being certified in the degrees... Does anyone know what this is? If it is still possible? and what the requirements are?
 

Beathard

Premium Member
OK, after a little more research, I have found a Dallas area lodge talking about certified degrees. This is a graded degree where a lodge has to make a 901 out of 1000 to pass. Is the note I found about a certified lodge a misspoken reference to pacing a graded degree or passing all graded degrees, or am I missing something here?
 
B

Bill Lins

Guest
Methinks those Brethren might be a bit confused. Individual Brothers get certified, not Lodges. Lodges get a certificate for successfully performing a graded degree, but the term "certified" does not apply, to the best of my knowledge. And yes- I have been a member of a graded degree team. R:.W:. Griffin scored us a 994 in the FC degree.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Beathard

Premium Member
I believe that you are correct. In my 21 years as a mason I had never heard of a Certified Lodge, but I had to ask.
 
Top