My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brother William E. "Bill" Campbell

Roy Vance

Certified
Premium Member
On 25 July 2013, I lost a dear and close friend and Brother. Brother William Edward "Bill" Campbell passed away that morning just after midnight. He died in the arms of his eldest son, Ed, who is also a Master Mason. Brother Bill was my instructor and mentor for all three degrees and he conferred the first two on me. I came to know and love the man and the Mason. He was just shy of 81 years old. He had been battling cancer for the last year or so and just could not whip it. He was an Endowed member of Sunland Lodge #1344 in El Paso, Texas; PM of Canyon Lake Lodge #1425 in Canyon Lake, Texas; PM of San Angelo Lodge #570 in San Angelo, Texas; PM and current JW of Phil Head Lodge #1415 in Carlsbad, Texas. PDDGM for 1999. He was also the recipient of the Golden Trowel Award. He had been a Master Mason for 48 years. He had been the district Instructor for Masonic District 77 and was the current District Instructor for Masonic Distric 105. He was wealth of Masonic knowledge. He was a ritualist, and a perfectionist. I only hope I can live up to what the man taught me. This is a sad time for Texas Masonry, and a sad time for me. He will be sorely missed, not only by me, but, by all he came in contact with. Spread your wings, My Friend. Godspeed. Rest In Peace.:SNC: