My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brother Melvin "Mel" Blanc

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
mel.jpg

Although he began his over six-decade-long career performing in radio, Blanc is best remembered for his work with Warner Bros. as the voices of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Tweety Bird, Sylvester the Cat, Yosemite Sam, Foghorn Leghorn, Marvin the Martian, Pepé Le Pew, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote, the Tasmanian Devil and many of the other characters from the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies theatrical short films, during the "Golden age of American animation".

He later worked for Hanna-Barbera's television productions, most notably as the voices of Barney Rubble in The Flintstones and Mr. Spacely in The Jetsons. Blanc was also a regular performer on The Jack Benny Program, in both its radio and television formats, and was the original voice of Woody Woodpecker for Universal Pictures. Having earned the nickname "The Man of a Thousand Voices", Blanc is regarded as one of the most influential people in the voice acting industry.

Brother Mel Blanc
Mid Day Lodge No. 188
Al Malaikah Shriners

Last edited:

Brennan

Re: Brother Mel Blanc

As someone who grew up watching all of those cartoons this has made my day.

My Freemasonry

bezobrazan

An amazing legend who struggled to break into the business and look what he achieved?

A true man learns to soften his heart and stiffen his spine.

cemab4y

Premium Member

One of his first radio jobs, was making the noise of the "Maxwell", the old car that Jack Benny rode in, and Eddie "Rochester" Anderson drove. One interesting factoid: How did Mel Blanc produce the sound of Bugs Bunny munching on carrots? Answer: Mel Blanc chewed carrots, then spat them out, when he did the voice of Bugs.

brother josh

I came into this world kinda on the tail end of Warner bro I do miss those cartoons the ones today suck

Sent From My Freemasonry Mobile App