My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arkansas Grand Lodge Website

mattcaler

I have a good friend who lives in Little Rock and has inquired about joining a lodge. He doesn't know if he wants to join a PHA lodge or otherwise but would like to visit to see the differences and find which one fits him the best. I have searched the web but can't find out how to find any lodges close to him. That being said, I really don't want him to fall victim of a clandestine lodge either. I guess my two biggest questions are.

1. How should I tell him to find a local lodge (that is legit)

2. What should I tell him to look out for to be sure he is not visiting or joining a clandestine lodge?

Thank you so much for your help brothers.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Good evening, Brother............tell your friend when looking at predominantly African American Lodges, he will always be steered in the right direction when he finds a Prince Hall Affiliated (PHA) Lodge in Arkansas. Just have him Google Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Arkansas, F&AM......their website will appear.............The Lodges in the Black Community that are REGULAR AND RECOGNIZED NATIONWIDE are the PHA Lodges, and are ALWAYS styled as Free and Accepted Masonry (F&AM). In PHA, we do NOT have ANY AF&AM Lodges or Grand Lodge bodies in the US. If he comes across an African American Lodge styled as AF&AM, AND has a "Grand Lodge" with a name OTHER THAN Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Arkansas Jurisdiction, F&AM, tell him to STEER CLEAR.....................Also, if he has any further questions about Prince Hall Affiliated Masonry in general, have him contact me via email at towerbuilder7@gmail.com..................

Fraternally, Bro. Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Lodge Chaplain
Bayou City Lodge #228, Prince Hall Affiliation
Free and Accepted Masonry, Houston, Texas
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas

bupton52

Premium Member
Even if a local lodge doesn't have a website, a GL website is absolutely necessary. IMO

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
The Grand Lodge of Arkansas still communicates only via the Pony Express... web site was taken down two years ago after a fuss about e-mail.

There are about a dozen lodges in the Little Rock area under the Grand Lodge, depending on which neighborhood you live in, i can get you connected with one of them. If you are looking at PHA lodges, the MWPHA grand lodge is headquartered on the souh side of Pine Bluff, about 40 miles south of Little Rock. Arkansas is one of those states where the GL still considers the PHA lodges to be clandestine, and vice versa, so one must pick one or the other and stick with their choice.

Arkansas MWPHAGL does have a web site, and can likely steer you to an amenable lodge.

mattcaler

MW PH Grand Lodge of Arkansas
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Jurisdiction of Arkansas

Apparently, the MW Grand Lodge of Arkansas no longer has a website...EPIC FAIL!

Thanks so much Blake! How does a Grand Lodge not have a website??? I would think that every GL should have at least a basic website, even if it is just to have a Lodge Locator. That really could help in keeping new prospects from joining clandestine lodges that are out there. Speaking of, I don't see a Lodge Locator on the PHA site anywhere. I would love to be able to tell my friend to just find a lodge using a lodge locator and if it's not on there to stay away but I can't seem to find one. Thanks again for all your help!!!

mattcaler

Good evening, Brother............tell your friend when looking at predominantly African American Lodges, he will always be steered in the right direction when he finds a Prince Hall Affiliated (PHA) Lodge in Arkansas. Just have him Google Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Arkansas, F&AM......their website will appear.............The Lodges in the Black Community that are REGULAR AND RECOGNIZED NATIONWIDE are the PHA Lodges, and are ALWAYS styled as Free and Accepted Masonry (F&AM). In PHA, we do NOT have ANY AF&AM Lodges or Grand Lodge bodies in the US. If he comes across an African American Lodge styled as AF&AM, AND has a "Grand Lodge" with a name OTHER THAN Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Arkansas Jurisdiction, F&AM, tell him to STEER CLEAR.....................Also, if he has any further questions about Prince Hall Affiliated Masonry in general, have him contact me via email at towerbuilder7@gmail.com..................

Fraternally, Bro. Vincent C. Jones, Sr., Lodge Chaplain
Bayou City Lodge #228, Prince Hall Affiliation
Free and Accepted Masonry, Houston, Texas
Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas

Brother Vince, your knowledge and insight is once again invaluable in my education of our great fraternity, thank you so much for all your help!!! I will be sure to give him ypur email in case he has any questions at all.

mattcaler

The Grand Lodge of Arkansas still communicates only via the Pony Express... web site was taken down two years ago after a fuss about e-mail.

There are about a dozen lodges in the Little Rock area under the Grand Lodge, depending on which neighborhood you live in, i can get you connected with one of them. If you are looking at PHA lodges, the MWPHA grand lodge is headquartered on the souh side of Pine Bluff, about 40 miles south of Little Rock. Arkansas is one of those states where the GL still considers the PHA lodges to be clandestine, and vice versa, so one must pick one or the other and stick with their choice.

Arkansas MWPHAGL does have a web site, and can likely steer you to an amenable lodge.

I'm not sure whether he would be more inclined to join PHA or the alternative. Is there a way for him to find a list of lodges online anywhere of either GL?

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
Good evening, Brother......you are very welcome, and I am happy that you are gaining LIGHT from the posts.....I continue to read and enLIGHTen myself, so I can share with others. Judging from what I observed on the PHA site for Arkansas, I would have your buddy simply call or email the GL using the contact information posted on their site. And you're right-----a listing of Active Lodges, or Lodge Locator would be really helpful. Vince