My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appropriate symbols/regalia for an E.A. or F.C.

BroCaution

Thanks, brothers.
I did know that in England--and I believe Pennsylvania--the 47th Problem is a P.M. symbol, so that was a bad example. I'm content to be patient but am also asking as I have a friend who is joining an affinity lodge that follows a foreign rite that apparently takes a full year between degrees, so was looking for an appropriate gift for his initiation. I did manage to find an S&C pin in the E.A. configuration. Was also looking at pins showing the circumpunt with columns or St's John and VSL.
Was also hoping maybe a forget me not would work.
I have a question in to my Grand Lodge and will await their answer and share back here.
Thanks!
View attachment 6288View attachment 6289View attachment 6290

Sent from my SM-G955U using My Freemasonry mobile app
I own the pin with the circumpunct and the VSL. It's one of my favorite pins.

goldsquare

Bro JAVJR
Thanks for writing. My personal opinion (21 years as a Freemason): While I have seen (in photos only) EA pins and rings, these are usually worn in jurisdictions in which it may required to take ONE YEAR to advance between the degrees (UK, Australia, Europe etc) please remember that patience is a virtue (doubly so in Freemasonry).

What I have seen are pins consisting of the letters “EA” or “FC” sold through various Masonic regalia companies - again confirm with your lodge officers whether or not the use of these pins is acceptable.

I personally feel that EAs and FCs should be discreet about their membership and focus on the memory (or other) work so that they could advance to their goal of being a Master Mason.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

Remember your name?

hfmm97

Premium Member
Remember your name?

I think the new name given to EAs is a PHA thing-I didn’t get one (I’m GLOTX Waco raised in 1997). Out of my deep respect for my brothers in the PHA tradition, while I think I know what that name is-I won’t reveal something that I believe to be esoteric work of the PHA in this public forum. Good night and may the GAOTU bless us all.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

goldsquare

I will conceal and never reveal. An intrinsic inquiry for one to remember and not share on a public forum. Never will violate or appear to violate my obligation.

MarkR

Premium Member
Yeah, that "new name" thing is PHA as far as I can tell. We don't do that, and I've never heard of it from other than PHA brothers.