My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aleister Crowley

JMartinez

Was Aleister Crowley a mason? Does anyone know anything about him? If he was a brother, any Masonic record, dates, lodges attended etc?

dfreybur

Premium Member
He was a member of at least one clandestine order. So insert the usual discussion of what that means. Members of regular and recognized lodges will answer no, but not everyone will give that answer. The dude was weird beyond the kenn of regular men.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
And I'll add that the mention of Crow
He was a member of at least one clandestine order. So insert the usual discussion of what that means. Members of regular and recognized lodges will answer no, but not everyone will give that answer. The dude was weird beyond the kenn of regular men.
And I'll add that the mention of Crowley as a Mason simply adds to the conspiracy theories concerning our Craft.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Crowley twisted OTO into his own vision, and left it with a bad rep that taints it to this day. He is seen as both saint and destroyer, depending on who you ask.