My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question many should ask!

Baron Camilo of Fulwood

Premium Member
A brother in Brazil wrote the following;

I ask if in your Lodge the mallets strike for the widows of the Freemasons who left for the Great Eternal East and who today find themselves in the black book of contempt, without receiving visits, calls, not even a friendly word.

I also ask if they fight for orphaned nephews, whose Masonic uncles decided to unilaterally break the ties that united them as a Masonic family.

Will they strike for the Br:. who fell ill and find themselves in hospitals or in their homes, thrown into the dungeon of loneliness and oblivion.

Hardly and almost impossible to strike for the Br:. who abandoned the Order and were no longer called to return, on the contrary they were condemned to profane exile.

José Cantos

M:.M:.

Elexir

The last one I find somewhat odd.
If a brother chooses to leave masonry by his own choice he is hardly exiled.
There are things that are more important then freemasonry and people who loose sight of it have also failed to understand freemasonry.

Baron Camilo of Fulwood

Premium Member
The question always is how much of s brother we are? If you blood brother falls out from your family, would you seek him? Not everyone can go on others speed. Like the mosaic in the floor of our lodges, we are interwoven with difference.

Stay healthy.

Elexir

If the brother in question has other things that he needs to take care of it wouldnt bother him but rather let him be.

My family situation is complex so its useless to use as an example. Dont bring it up again...

Bloke

Premium Member
I think it is as simple as this (which I often day) - Brother is an easy title to get and a very hard one to earn.. but there are only so many hours in the day, and Lodge must be in the context of Family First, Work Second, Lodge Third... but many Brothers I truly count as family.. and there must be balance between familial and fraternal obligations.. and obligation to self.

jermy Bell

If you had time to join, then you have time to attend. I understand that life gets in the way, but if you cant find time for lodge and your duties, then I would say join at a later part in life when you can fulfill your duties as a freemason.

Elexir

If you had time to join, then you have time to attend. I understand that life gets in the way, but if you cant find time for lodge and your duties, then I would say join at a later part in life when you can fulfill your duties as a freemason.

So your situation has not changed over the course of your life?
You have always been in control of everything that happens in your life?

Winter

Premium Member
This situation solves itself when the West Gate is properly guarded. Start shoving petitions into everyone's hands and make it easier and easier to join. One Day Classes, no proficiency. And we shouldn't be surprised the newly made Mason sees little value in their status as a Brother and very soon they wander away. Slow it down, require participation at regular gatherings for a period before they can even enter a petition. Let both sides see if there is actual interest or just curiosity before the effort is wasted by either party. Slow the degrees down and allow acclimation periods between degrees so the new Brother can internalize the experience. The initiatic process works and it is no wonder we are making members, not Masons, who have no interest in participation after a whirlwind initiation into Freemasonry.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

jermy Bell

I could not agree more. I would rather do it like the English, there are things you need to learn before you are even ready to take the next step. And not just shove you through degrees.