My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UGLE

JM-MWPHGLGA

Premium Member
That is a slippery slope. PHA has been vigilant about clandestine lodges and regularity. This is actually one of their preferred arguments.
Yes of course, but it seems there are very few that don't study enough to figure out that in some cases irregular and regular doesn't naturally exist when figuring out the first lodge, NOT THE CRAFT. And that's on both mainstream and prince hall.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Yes of course, but it seems there are very few that don't study enough to figure out that in some cases irregular and regular doesn't naturally exist when figuring out the first lodge, NOT THE CRAFT. And that's on both mainstream and prince hall.

Someone had to establish the rules. It doesn't matter if the first lodge was irregular or not.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member

JM-MWPHGLGA

Premium Member
http://www.ugle.org.uk/what-is-freemasonry/history-of-freemasonry

What rules are you referring to when you say the craft already established them?
We have already discuss this link above. Yes I know these three lodges came together to make up UGLA. Neither of these lodges was warranted making them irregular but due to the fact it wasn't necessary then and they was considered, "time immemorial" which is a made up word. Then UGLE or any lodge should be using the word regular or irregular if we are going off the ancient time. And when I say craft I mean the work, the character, the making of the man, which can be found in the early days of Egypt.

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
We have already discuss this link above. Yes I know these three lodges came together to make up UGLA. Neither of these lodges was warranted making them irregular but due to the fact it wasn't necessary then and they was considered, "time immemorial" which is a made up word. Then UGLE or any lodge should be using the word regular or irregular if we are going off the ancient time. And when I say craft I mean the work, the character, the making of the man, which can be found in the early days of Egypt.

The UGLE was not formed until later in 1813. There were no grand lodges before 1717. The first ones gave themselves the authority. That is usually how it works. Your argument doesn't make sense.

When the UGLE declared the Prince Hall grand lodge in Massachusetts regular in 1992, some would question why they could do that as well.

JM-MWPHGLGA

Premium Member
The UGLE was not formed until later in 1813. There were no grand lodges before 1717. The first ones gave themselves the authority. That is usually how it works. Your argument doesn't make sense.

When the UGLE declared the Prince Hall grand lodge in Massachusetts regular in 1992, some would question why they could do that as well.
You might want to click on that link again UGLE came together by four lodges in 1717-1723. My argument is No one should be protesting regular and irregular when it wasn't did back then. Usually in 1717 in today's time is considered somewhat ancient.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
You might want to click on that link again UGLE came together by four lodges in 1717-1723. My argument is No one should be protesting regular and irregular when it wasn't did back then. Usually in 1717 in today's time is considered somewhat ancient.

No. Not UGLE. That occurred later. This was the Premier Grand Lodge or Grand Lodge of London and Westminster.

Let me ask, did you take an obligation regarding clandestine Masons? If so, to whom do you believe that refers?

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member

I would suggest you look at the year 1813 before suggesting that someone should reread something. There might be some light there,

JM-MWPHGLGA

Premium Member
No. Not UGLE. That occurred later. This was the Premier Grand Lodge or Grand Lodge of London and Westminster.

Let me ask, did you take an obligation regarding clandestine Masons? If so, to whom do you believe that refers?
Of course I did and it refers to every regular Mason concerning clandestine. But that doesn't mean I can't think of something like this. Like its ban. We have agreed those four lodges didn't care for regular or irregular because they are "time immemorial" which means in today's time they can be considered clandestine lodges that later in 1813 came to form UGLE. My point is to get a universal brotherhood to become one and stop throwing around terms like regular and irregular hopefully in the future.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Of course I did and it refers to every regular Mason concerning clandestine. But that doesn't mean I can't think of something like this. Like its ban. We have agreed those four lodges didn't care for regular or irregular because they are "time immemorial" which means in today's time they can be considered clandestine lodges that later in 1813 came to form UGLE. My point is to get a universal brotherhood to become one and stop throwing around terms like regular and irregular hopefully in the future.

Question : Do you not consider anyone clandestine or irregular ?

JM-MWPHGLGA

Premium Member
Question : Do you not consider anyone clandestine or irregular ?
Yes I do. I will not go against my obligation. I will not share the secrets with those clandestine or irregular. This is only a thought or debate I considered interesting. Hopefully can be establish in the future because from this debate it want happen universal or as a unity too many Egos. And that's from both sides. PHA and Mainstream.