My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Difference

Txmason32

I could be wrong and i wish a PH Brother would have fielded this but here goes my understanding on the differences : Prince hall Grand Lodges Affiliate are like normal US Grand lodges as far as being soveriegn to that state . They have a GM for that state . The compact Prince Hall is a body that is national and has a National Grand Master kind of like what many caucasion masonic start up organizations have tried to do but failed .

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
Though there is a longer explanation, here is a short explanation:

Prince Hall Origin (PHO) and Prince Hall Compact (PHC) are clandestine organizations of men who were EXPELLED from P.H.A for various reasons. They have since set themselves up as independent grand lodges despite having no charter or dispensation from some legitimate grand body empowering them to work. Any man claiming to be a PHO or PHC mason or an International Mason is clandestine, illegitimate and in accordance with Masonic ritual and Law is not to be engaged in any sort of Masonic conversations.

FMI, see Commission on Bogus Masonry