My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photography in the Lodge Room

MasonicAdept

Premium Member
I don't know what is "official" in my state, but I think regardless of jurisdiction, a little freelance common sense goes a long way as far it's concerned. Don't photograph/record any degree work. If there is some kind of presentation (50-year pin, some kind of certificate, etc.) then there is nothing wrong with it. By the same token, the same photo could be staged after the meeting.

I say that because for us, there is an audio recording (as I understand it) of all the reports given at Grand Lodge, and the Grand Photographer is as busy as a one-armed paper hanger taking photos of every presentation the GM makes. Neither is done during the opening/closing of the GL, but once it gets down to just business they are.

I would agree with Companion Joe.
I was actually appointed as the Grand Lodge Photographer, and was sent to certain Lodges where the Grand Master would visit and get pictures during tyled meetings. No opening or closing, no degree work though.