My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newly raised already put to work.

CMattGriffin

Greetings, I was raised two days ago, (11/30/21) and am excited to participate in the work of my lodge. In fact I was asked by the worshipful elect to learn the parts and work as JD in the coming year. So if there is any advice on how to learn the parts that would be very welcome.

Winter

Premium Member
Learn the work. Learn it so that it is second nature. Poor ritual is one of the number one things that destroys the experience for a candidate. There are lots of resource on the web if you search for memorizing masonic ritual. Here is one to get you going. Good luck and welcome to the Craft.

Attachments

• Memorizing-Ritual.pdf
    30.1 KB · Views: 139

Keith C

Congratulations!

Looks like you are on a path similar to mine. I was raised in November of 2016. I attended ONE Stated meeting where I sat on the sidelines. In January of 17 I was asked to fill in the JD chair, in Feb of 2017 I was appointed JD as the previous Brother in that chair bowed out. Over the summer of 2017 the SD had family issues and I was moved to the SD chair and in December of 2017 I was elected JW for the next Masonic Year. There was A LOT to memorize, but with help from several Brothers, the Wardens, WM and PMs, I was able to get signed off at District School as proficient in the Business of the Lodge and the EA Degree as required to stand for election as JW.

I suggest you reach our for assistance in learning the work to whoever is in charge of Masonic Ritual Instruction at your Lodge. You are on a very exciting path for the next several years and I think you will find it both a challenge and very rewarding!

CMattGriffin

Learn the work. Learn it so that it is second nature. Poor ritual is one of the number one things that destroys the experience for a candidate. There are lots of resource on the web if you search for memorizing masonic ritual. Here is one to get you going. Good luck and welcome to the Craft.
Thank you for the guide