My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MOC

Bloke

Premium Member
So this is not Masonic, but that's important masonic information in itself.

I recognise the name of all sorts of Fraternities and side orders, Masonic and otherwise, but not heard of this one until I saw some images of Jewels on the web...

Straight from Wikipedia

Military Order of the Cootie
The Military Order of the Cootie of the United States (MOC, or simply Military Order of the Cootie) is a national honor degree membership association separately constituted as a subordinate and as an auxiliary order chartered by the Veterans of Foreign Wars of the United States (VFW). The organization's services include supporting the VFW National Home for Children and veterans hospitals. Founded in 1920, it became a subsidiary of the VFW in 1923.

History

The order (originally known as the Military Order of the Cootie, U.S.A.) was established on September 17, 1920, in Washington, D.C., by Fred C. Madden and F. L. Gransbury. The organization was modeled after the Imperial Order of the Dragon, an auxiliary to the United Spanish American War Veterans. The name "cootie" is a reference to the lice that plagued soldiers in World War I. Cooties were credited with keeping soldiers' heads down in the trenches. A meeting of cooties is called a "scratch", the local chapter a "Pup Tent", the state affiliate a "Grand", and the national headquarters at Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania, "The Supreme."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_Order_of_the_Cootie

Well, there you go.. I made a daily advancement in non-masonic knowledge :)

Elexir

I thought you where refering to the self-proclaimed chivaric Militare Ordine del Collare dei Sant’Agata di Paternò (MOC) with the title..