My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In love with an Eastern Star

Mark Petro

OK, I know it’s way off topic. But I have fallen in love with an Eastern Star. I feel as though she has the same feelings for me, but she is the widow of a Master Mason! Am I breaking my vows? Should I tell her that I feel the same way about her that she does about me? Should I tell her how I feel about her, my heart is telling me something that my vows feel as though I cannot proceed. Please give me some advice Brothers, Part of me tells me that her husband would not want her to be alone, but I cannot intrude on the relationship of a widow and her Master Mason husband!

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Unless you plan on taking her by force you aren’t breaking your vows (at least the version I was obliged by).

Bloke

Premium Member
OK, I know it’s way off topic. But I have fallen in love with an Eastern Star. I feel as though she has the same feelings for me, but she is the widow of a Master Mason! Am I breaking my vows? Should I tell her that I feel the same way about her that she does about me? Should I tell her how I feel about her, my heart is telling me something that my vows feel as though I cannot proceed. Please give me some advice Brothers, Part of me tells me that her husband would not want her to be alone, but I cannot intrude on the relationship of a widow and her Master Mason husband!
All the very best of luck to the both of you! Dinner and a show is always good :)

CLewey44

They have no relationship anymore if he has passed away. Till death do us part. There is nothing illegal or immoral about dating a deceased Mason's former wife.

Marriage is a very earthly thing. If there is an afterlife, I doubt our dearly departed are in heaven sitting around jealous and concerned about those left behind. Its all a bit more grand than our minds can wrap around it I would imagine.