My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House Stenographer Dragged Off Floor

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
House Stenographer Dragged Off Floor Yelling About Freemasons And God

As the House finished their vote to reopen the federal government and raise the debt ceiling, the House stenographer decided it was a good time to let everyone know her feelings about God, Congress, and the Freemasons. “He [God] will not be mocked,†the stenographer, apparently named Molly, yelled into the microphone as she was dragged off by security. “The greatest deception here is that this is not one nation under God. It never was. It would not have been. The Constitution would not have been written by Freemasons. They go against God. You cannot serve two masters. Praise be to God. Praise be to Jesus.â€

http://gawker.com/house-stenographer-dragged-off-floor-yelling-about-free-1446830813

crono782

Premium Member
Oh lord. I like the top comment on gawker: "she needs a vacation. Hope she has good health insurance."

My Freemasonry HD

jwhoff

Premium Member
What makes us so sure?

For every action there is a positive and equal reaction. Scientific fact, right?

Information Age -- New Dark Ages.

Can we be so sure such fearful tribalistic outbursts can be laughed away? This isolated incident is a symptom only.

Think of all the proven truths of civilization now under attack in many ways by various groups. Freemasonry is but one.

We were solidified by The Enlightenment in a critical time for mankind. Our mission is clear.

Are you, individually, up to it? Will we stand the test of this next onslaught?

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
She stated today that she hasn't been sleeping well lately because the Lord has been talking to her & keeping her up @ night.

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
The content of the rant, while almost certainly being received from the Internet, is pretty much immaterial. The inappropriateness of the behavior, especially given the particular setting, is a hallmark of mental illness, as is not sleeping "...because the Lord has been talking to me..."
This poor soul deserves our pity, and our care. She certainly does not deserve unkind labels.

dfreybur

Premium Member
The content of the rant, while almost certainly being received from the Internet, is pretty much immaterial. The inappropriateness of the behavior, especially given the particular setting, is a hallmark of mental illness, as is not sleeping "...because the Lord has been talking to me..."
This poor soul deserves our pity, and our care. She certainly does not deserve unkind labels.

I think she *requires* both our pity and accurate labels unkind or otherwise.

She's nuts. Being crazy is a hallmark of anti-Masonry. We must be clear on that point.

We also need to pray for her mental healing, feel love/charity towards her in her sickness, wish her rationality and coming out of anti-Masonry and any other lunacy she currently has.

tantbrandon

Premium Member
For me this just provided an unprovoked reason to discuss the beauties of freemasonry with others. I never bring it up first but am delighted to answer questions to the best of my ability.

My Freemasonry HD

JohnnyFlotsam

Premium Member
I think she *requires* both our pity and accurate labels unkind or otherwise. She's nuts. Being crazy is a hallmark of anti-Masonry.
Most mentally ill people have nothing to say about Masonry. When in extremis, however, they will seize on just about anything that will explain the bizarre things that they believe are happening. Most anti-Masons lack that excuse. They're just stupid. And yes, I use that derisive term advisedly. There's a big difference between paranoia and willful ignorance. The mentally ill do not, ever, deserve derisive terms like "crazy" or "nuts". And they need more than prayer in order to be healed. Unfortunately, in a society that often singles out mental illness as some kind of character flaw, the resources they actually need are often hard to come by.

dfreybur

Premium Member
The mentally ill do not, ever, deserve derisive terms like "crazy" or "nuts".

I am insufficiently PC on this issued, then. I consider the terms not derisive to the extent they are accurate.

Unfortunately modern medicine is impotent in the face of mental illnesses in comparison to its ability to handle diseases of infection or disorders that react well to surgery. For all the effort put into figuring out how to treat mental illnesses far less progress has been made than hoped. Consider how long the Scottish Rite has funded research into schizophrenia without a cure.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
I am insufficiently PC on this issued, then. I consider the terms not derisive to the extent they are accurate.

Unfortunately modern medicine is impotent in the face of mental illnesses in comparison to its ability to handle diseases of infection or disorders that react well to surgery. For all the effort put into figuring out how to treat mental illnesses far less progress has been made than hoped. Consider how long the Scottish Rite has funded research into schizophrenia without a cure.

How do you "cure" genes? Schizophrenia is primarily genetic. No, there is no "schizophrenia gene". One gene:eek:ne disorder is only accepted by the popular press and people who get their "science" from the popular press. Likewise, do not blame "modern medicine" for public superstition against accepting medical explanations or treatments, which is the largest impediment to successful treatment in modern US society.

We are happy to accept that you can't just "cure" heart disease with a single pill, but it requires medication, diet changes, exercise, and lifestyle changes. With "mental illness", we insist that either the medical explanation is inherently wrong or that all it "ought" to need is a single pill.

MaineMason

The fact of the matter is that many of the Founding Fathers were Freemasons. When our country is at its best, it shows. As far as "against God" is concerned, we all took the same obligation. These men might have had some "interesting" views on the Deity, but they were not Atheists as otherwise they would not be Freemasons.

If I had to vote in a poll with two choices: "Is the United States a Christian Nation or a Masonic Nation" I would have to vote "Masonic". Such a poll, of course, would be a red herring and certainly un-Masonic, IMO. Some Masons are Christians, some are not. As a Mason, and an Episcopalian, I find this kind of thing highly disturbing. The G.A.O.T.U. is bigger than any sect or creed.

While we have had some serious disagreements in these United States over the course of our history, and continue to have them, I shudder to think what our history would have looked like without our august Fraternity.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Has anyone heard from this stenographer since the incident or was she taken off by the nefarious Masons never to be heard from again?