My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hey yall

Joey

Co-Founder
Staff Member
I believe that it's ok as long as you get a demit and letter of good standing from the lodge. Then you will be able to join another Lodge of your choice.

Wingnut

Premium Member
Right you cant demit because you arent a MM so you have to get a release to join the new lodge. In most cases the gaining lodge will do courtesy degrees instead and then once your raised you its easier to change lodges. I seem to recall though that if you were over your 1 year there is something different that has to be done. In most cases you would have to turn in your EA profic. then petition for the advancement in the degrees, an investigation committee assigned etc then a vote of the lodge. This may make transferring more difficult. Luckily, thats why we pay the Secretary's the big bucks for the outstanding jobs they do!

owls84

Premium Member
Basically what Bro. Wyndell has stated is correct. If you are truly not happy with the Lodge or just want to move. I would contact the Secretary of the Lodge you want to move to. I believe a waiver of jurisdiction is all that is needed since you are not a Master Mason.

js4253

Premium Member
Premium Member
I think this might apply.

Art. 446. (476g). Certificate of Dismissal. A Lodge, by
unanimous favorable vote, taken at a stated meeting, either by
ballot or show of hands at the discretion of the Master presiding
may grant to one of its EA’s or FC’s, who has not been rejected by
ballot or protest after receiving the last degree, and against whom
no charges are pending, a Certificate of Dismissal recommending
him for advancement. The issue of said Certificate of Dismissal
shall be mandatory when E.A., F.C., or M.M. Degree work has not
been set by the Lodge within time set by Grand Lodge Law from
the time exclusive personal jurisdiction has been acquired by the
Lodge. Upon the granting of such certificate the Lodge thereby
loses personal jurisdiction over him and his name shall be dropped
from its rolls. He, thereupon, becomes an unaffiliated E.A. or F.C.
and further jurisdiction over him is territorial, and governed by
the provisions of Article 441.

owls84

Premium Member
I believe you are correct. I forgot about that form. Thank you. I do believe the other lodge would still have to file for a Waiver of Jurisdiction still.

owls84

Premium Member
I would like to give you an idea of the look of the forms. These must be filled out and SEALED by the Lodge Secretary.

Attachments

• Form 30.JPG
    Form 30.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 554
  • Form 42.jpg
    Form 42.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 544