My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry in kabul

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
I'm pretty certain that you won't find a Lodge in Kabul.

The only Lodges in Afghan for many years have been foreign Lodges only open to foreign services personnel serving there.

Sahil haidary

Well, that's awful I come to know that all freemasons lodges were closed by sharia law. Well I wanted to join this elite organization but unfortunately I am born in wrong time, and bad placement.

XUSMICO

Hello everyone, I am new here can anyone help me by finding any lodge or centre here in kabul, I would like to join.

You will only find traveling military lodges. Free Masonry is illegal under sharia law and Fundamentalist Islamist/radicalized Islamic terrorist governments (IS/ISIS, ect) and it is a death penalty for members. I did visit with Brothers on a US/UK housing compound and they had a lodge under UGL charter. The host nation left them alone because they need the skills of the US/UK staff. I have been told their was a regular lodge in Turkey but I cannot confirm this. It was reported that it was closed down after a clandestine video taken during a tiled meeting surfaced on YouTube, many years ago.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Hi mr martin, Can I ask the Central Lodge to create a Lodge for us in Afghanistan، And how can we communicate with the central lodge, thank you
Hi Mohammad,
There is no such thing as a "central lodge", if the people of Afghan want Freemasonry they will have to start it themselves and the first step will be for their government to say that it is OK to do so.

propartha8

Brother
If you really want a lodge to be open at kabul, you must see the situation there. You can join lodge in UAE. If you frequently come to india, we will make you a member if this honourable fraternity.

Sahil haidary

Thank you everyone for the support and comments, if there is no lodge available in kabul then I think joining a lodge in uae or India will be good opportunity for us to join therefore opening a lodge in this circumstances in Afghanistan is near to impossible. We need resources contacts power support to open a lodge in kabul, which is not available right now and I do not have economical, or political support to influence the Government to allow us a lodge. If Masonic brothers support me in Afghanistan I can be of good use to every foreign person visits our country.

Elexir

Thank you everyone for the support and comments, if there is no lodge available in kabul then I think joining a lodge in uae or India will be good opportunity for us to join therefore opening a lodge in this circumstances in Afghanistan is near to impossible. We need resources contacts power support to open a lodge in kabul, which is not available right now and I do not have economical, or political support to influence the Government to allow us a lodge. If Masonic brothers support me in Afghanistan I can be of good use to every foreign person visits our country.

We cant help you in this.
You will have to change things yourself.
Freemasons dont hold any power in this matter.