My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feds designate Washington Masonic Memorial as landmark

dfreybur

Premium Member
This can be more trouble than it's worth. My mother lodge had its building declared as a city historical landmark at one point. After some work on the outside of the building we learned this by being presented with a citation for violating rules we did not know applied to us. It would take more money to fight than was judged worth it during several months of discussion at Stated meetings.

Asking for the status is one thing. Having it handed to you is very much another thing.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
My Lodge once (before my time) accepted some money from a historical foundation. Now we cannot repair our leaking roof by adding anything to the building. The old roof must be torn apart and each rotting piece must be replicated and reassembled in the original manner.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Asking for the status is one thing. Having it handed to you is very much another thing.
My Lodge once (before my time) accepted some money from a historical foundation. Now we cannot repair our leaking roof by adding anything to the building. The old roof must be torn apart and each rotting piece must be replicated and reassembled in the original manner.
Wow, talk about having strings attached.