My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dual Membership

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
It is easy once you are a member in your jurisdiction, get the cert of good standing from parent lodge present it with a petition for plural membership and one other form I believe just cannot remeber at the time. The new lodge votes on you and then your in if so voted. I am a member of 3 lodges and that was about the easiest thing I have done in Masonry!

Wingnut

Premium Member
Art. 358. (395). Plural Membership in Another Grand
Jurisdiction. Any Brother holding his parent membership in a
Lodge of this Grand Jurisdiction and domiciled in another Grand
Jurisdiction with which we are in fraternal relations, is privileged
to petition a Lodge in such jurisdiction for plural membership
therein, if such membership is authorized by the laws of such
Jurisdiction.

I read that as you can only do it if you LIVE in another jurisdiction, and only then if that jurisdiction allows it.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
We have a Brother, IPR'd in our Lodge, who wished to affiliate with a Lodge in Missouri that his kinfolks belonged to. I sent his Petition for Affiliation, along with his CGS, to our Grand Secretary, who sent it to the Grand Secretary of Missouri, who sent it to the local Lodge in question. The same process began in reverse after the Missouri Lodge voted him in, and about 8 months later, I got his dues card!

The moral of this story is: don't get in no big hurry!

"Grand Lodge- 172 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress" ;-)

david918

Premium Member
We have a Brother, IPR'd in our Lodge, who wished to affiliate with a Lodge in Missouri that his kinfolks belonged to. I sent his Petition for Affiliation, along with his CGS, to our Grand Secretary, who sent it to the Grand Secretary of Missouri, who sent it to the local Lodge in question. The same process began in reverse after the Missouri Lodge voted him in, and about 8 months later, I got his dues card!

The moral of this story is: don't get in no big hurry!

"Grand Lodge- 172 years of tradition, unimpeded by progress" ;-)

Amen