My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dec. 7th WM installation

flipster

I was installed WM this week. I have traveled here before, but somehow, something is different. The men are truly excited to see me there. I was nominated and elected from the sidelines. To a man, I got the heartiest congratulations. I'm thinking along the line that I only have a year and only 10 meetings. I gave out a petition 2 weeks ago, and was asked for another yesterday. Visitation between lodges has been way up, and there is warmth in our area. I think something exciting is happening in our fraternity.

Keith C

Congratulations!

I installed my successor on Wednesday evening the 8th and it was very moving. After 2 "pandemic years" in the East it was good to see more Brothers out for the election. Unfortunately 2 smart Alec Brothers cast write in ballots for Me which made the results uncomfortable for the incoming WM and I when the tally was reported.

We are also seeing an increase in interest in Freemasonry and we have several petitions working their way through which is exciting for the future.

Now I just have to get through the next 17 days...not that I am counting.

flipster

Congratulations!

I installed my successor on Wednesday evening the 8th and it was very moving. After 2 "pandemic years" in the East it was good to see more Brothers out for the election. Unfortunately 2 smart Alec Brothers cast write in ballots for Me which made the results uncomfortable for the incoming WM and I when the tally was reported.

We are also seeing an increase in interest in Freemasonry and we have several petitions working their way through which is exciting for the future.

Now I just have to get through the next 17 days...not that I am counting.
I'm curious why the two write in votes were a bother? Our lodge will have 2 men count ballots. The cast ballots are then destroyed after the winner is declared.

Keith C

I'm curious why the two write in votes were a bother? Our lodge will have 2 men count ballots. The cast ballots are then destroyed after the winner is declared.
Because the 2 who cast those votes did it as a joke and made it known. I found that offensive to the incoming WM.