My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Avouchment

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I thought I would post this so we could clear the muddy water up on avouchment b/c according to Art 380 a Texas Mason can get in without exam or avouchment with recipt and Pic ID and approval of WM of course but a Mason outside the jurisdiction of the GLoT does have to show dues card and be examined or vouched for both and at this point unless the SW sat in Lodge with the non-Texas MM or examed him from what I can gather the SW would not be satisified and the esoteric avouchment process would then have to happen which the SD could easily vouch for him if he was on said emaning com. Is this a correct interpertation or a youngling talking out the side of his pie hole?

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Let's break this up & deal with one part at a time.

according to Art 380 a Texas Mason can get in without exam or avouchment with recipt and Pic ID and approval of WM

Correct.

a Mason outside the jurisdiction of the GLoT does have to show dues card and be examined or vouched for

Also correct.

unless the SW has sat in Lodge with the non-Texas MM or examined him, the SW would not be satisfied and the esoteric avouchment process would then have to happen, during which the SD could easily [and should] vouch for him if he was on said examining committee. Is this a correct interpertation?

Exactly. I would add that the SD should ALWAYS be on the examining committee- it's one of his duties.

You done good, young'un! :biggrin: You get a :beer: on me!

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
I cannot wait to do that now if I only had deacons in my lodge!! lol :) My pro-tim SD and JD would loaf their trousers. :)