My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World's most senior Freemason on historic tour to WA Goldfields

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
7184440-3x2-700x467.jpg

He is one of the most senior figures in global Freemasonry, and his family has owned land in Scotland since the early 14th century.

But for Charles Iain Robert Wolrige Gordon of Esslemont, the 110th Grand Master Mason of the Grand Lodge of Scotland, his first introduction to Australian life came from farm work in Western Australia.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-02-19/worlds-most-senior-freemason-tours-the-wa-goldfields/7184644

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks for sharing...

Don't you love the media ?
"as Grand Master Mason of the Grand Lodge of Scotland, Mr Gordon is the leadership figure for more nearly 60 Grand Lodges of Scottish Freemasonry across the globe."

I wonder what he actually was trying to say... that there are 60 countries with lodges working with Warrants from Scotland ? 60 Districts ? Often you can guess what they actually mean when they misquote or misreport something... but I can't figure this one out... LOL

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Does GLS have Provincial GLs? A quick scan of the facts could lead to a skewed, but sensational, statistic.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
if you read the whole article twords the bottom they talk of districts. Its seems as though the lodges they speak of at District/provincial GLs around the world that fall under the GLoS....brother @Glen Cook is my understanding correct?

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks dfreybur, I counted them up and they totaled 69. I guess that's where it is and you've answered my question, they are calling their internal districts and lodges working over seas all (District) "Grand Lodge" and hence the big number..

They've got one in Western Australia but their web site reminds us to go via Grand Secretaries :(