My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

women in wyoming as masons?

dnewman3

My wife and I went to the library today and while looking for more masonic history books to read...she mentioned a friend of hers that lives in Wyoming is a mason. When she asked isnt freemasonry just men..she was advised due to lack of people....the lodge accepts females.....anyone know this to be true?

Bro. Dave Newman
Victoria, TX
Lodge #40

Beathard

Premium Member
I have no idea, so I checked their website. Here is what it says "The Masonic Fraternity is the oldest Fraternity in the world. The Wyoming Masonic Family includes Freemasons as well as organizations for their ladies, couples, and youth. The primary tenets of our Fraternity are Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth.

Freemasonry is always looking for men who wish to become better men, who are interested self improvement and in giving back to their community."

Benton

Premium Member
Possibly confused with Eastern Star.

Another possibility, there are irregular female lodges operating in Wyoming. Entirely possible. 99% of laymen don't know the difference between regular and irregular.

jwhoff

Premium Member
Fiber One bar or not, I hope they work it all out. I'd hate to hear of a clogged mess up there.

jwhoff

Premium Member
:24: ... that's what they say anyway.

I really have to look into more suitable transportation.:blush: