My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the South Picnic 9-11-10

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Just wanted to share some pictures I snapped yesterday at the picnic. All of us who went owe Brother Tom Shelton special thanks for laying the ground work in this friendship between brothers.

Prince%20Hall%20Picnic%209-11-10%20%283%29.JPG

Prince%20Hall%20Picnic%209-11-10%20%281%29.JPG

Prince%20Hall%20Picnic%209-11-10%20%285%29.JPG

Prince%20Hall%20Picnic%209-11-10%20%286%29.JPG

Ashton Lawson

Premium Member
Not a very flattering pic of me Rhit, but glad there is proof in the world that I was there. I'm the fat kid in the blue polo and shorts.

This was an awesome event, and I would heavily encourage anyone who can make to it a PHA Open event to do so. The Grand Lodge may be able to stop me from sitting in a tiled lodge or holding Masonic communication with fellow brother Masons that are PHA, but there is nothing they can do to stop me from sharing a fine meal and fellowship with them.

A great time was had by all who attended, and is was a great opportunity to hear firsthand from PHA Masons that the MWPHGLofTX Masons DEFINITELY, UNQUESTIONABLY wants full fraternal relations with the GLofTX!

Thanks to those who turned me on to this event, you know who you are!

owls84

Premium Member
If I am not mistaken, is that Grand South Candidate Thomas Shelton in the first picture in the black shirt?

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
Yup, he is that Lurch looking dude in the first shot. ;) lol

Hah awesome. Kinda cool that a candidate running for the Grand South took time out of his schedule to support a PHA event! It hope the other candidates would as well.

Last edited:

ELTONBRAZIL

Yeah Right. All those guys don't have the guts to stand up and face this major problem about racism. I will stand next to my brother's from PH any day of the week and twice on sunday :)

Hippie19950

Premium Member
I think it is good the Brethren were able to meet and have Fellowship. I would attend if there was an event closer to me. I have an interest in knowing more of our PHA Brethren, and how they "Work". But, I remain with the fact, that I want it to be mutual, and not pushed on them.

rhitland

Founding Member
Premium Member
Check the Facebook post on this, a DDGM from PHA commented on their stance of visitation rights.

owls84

Premium Member
That is not just a DDGM but Right Worshipful Grand Senior Deacon Marcus Thomas stating their stance.