My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Jerusalem

SergiusPaulus

New Jerusalem is a city described in Revelation 21. Its 12000 furlongs in a cube. These are measurements of a geometric shape. Why measure something you can not see? Thats about 1500 miles. Do we know what John meant when he wrote about it?
In my private spiritual journey I was lead to consider that it existed before the fall of man. When man fell or ate of the tree of knowledge the city was destroyed scattering its debris globally. As John writes it returns. Doubt of it not existing before leads me to consider a way to attract all contents of the city into its location using special types of attraction/pseudomagnetism. If we can build it then where? West of the Mississippi using clues and stories?
Curiosity looking for clarity.

SergiusPaulus

Thus the god of the Jews will have a tabernacle (tent) in which he will dwell amongst his people. The tent is not said to be in the new city.

So the God of the Jews could reside in a tent/vessel/place of shelter. That vessel would reside or coexist among the world he created. The vessel is possibly from a gentile nation/not the city, waiting to live another day?:)