My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Father's Corvette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proudvet09

My dad left me unexpectedly almost a year ago, and he left me a 1980 stingray corvette. My dad was big into bartering and he traded the car for an older buick and some money. Well the man he traded it to never fulfilled his end of the bargain due to drug use and being arrested. So my dad got his car back, and the man had already ruined the original 305 that came in it, and it only had 29,000 miles on the engine. Now there is a 350 small block in it and none of the wiring is done correctly and the interior is mostly missing, and all I want to do is restore it and it will have a military theme to it because my dad was a vietnam veteran and I am a iraq veteran. I am posting a picture of where the center console used to be. Its a 1980 california production corvette, that's the reason for the original engine being a 305 was emissions standards got a lot more strict that year in california, in every other state the car came our with the 350. 1382589075843.jpg1382589141387.jpg

My Freemasonry HD

Proudvet09

I am looking for someone who can help with the electrical aspect of this car because as of now nothing is wired correctly. I reside in Waco, Tx and all the shops around here can't get wiring diagrams for that far back the closest they can get is 1985. I am willing to pay for help, I made a promise to my dad I would get it restored and I will not let him down, he never let me down. I didn't just lose my dad I lost my best friend and a brother in arms as we both served at Ft. Hood and we were both combat veterans.

My Freemasonry HD

marty15chris

Premium Member
I would search for original dealer and mechanic service books on. Amazon or something they will have the original wiring diagrams. If that doesn't work check out they corvette parts dealer catalogs for reprints.

My Freemasonry HD

Proudvet09

I have but my neck and back and knee injuries from my deployment has left me unable to do the work myself

My Freemasonry HD

Proudvet09

I had it transported from vine grove ky, my dad passed in boston ky, my family all lives in the Ft. Knox, Louisville and Shelbyville area.

My Freemasonry HD

brother josh

Interesting I went to high school in Shelbyville moved to mead county to finish high school dated a girl from vibe grove lol

My Freemasonry HD

Proudvet09

Yes, it was a simple request to see if anyone knew of a good mechanic, since I am disabled from serving our country and can't do it myself, and I figured who better to ask than my brothers

My Freemasonry HD

Proudvet09

Seeing how it was posted under employment opportunities, I figured it was appropriate since I'm looking to find a mechanic I pay for the work

My Freemasonry HD

Txmason

Proudvet09

Bro. Have you considered contacting F40 Motorsports at: http://www.f40.com

They restore cars also what about contacting these guys:

abouttheroadhomeusa .org

You’re also welcome to email The Road Home directly (or me, if for some reason you prefer); call them at 917-797-5900; or to post suggestions on The Road Home Facebook page. This isn’t for me, Hemmings or even just the old car hobby: This is for the people who serve our country. Please, pass this along; ‘like’ the Facebook page; post it on your car friends’ walls. The more people we have involved the better this could be, for all of us who love old
cars.
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2012/02/15/restoring-lives-one-classic-car-at-a-time/

- See more at: http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...e-classic-car-at-a-time/#sthash.Bo2JhdrQ.dpuf

"Without exertion there can be no progress." Bear Grylls

Proudvet09

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations, I am looking into them, I am just waiting for replies, the help was needed cause I had no idea where to start or who to talk to after everyone I was talking to told me they couldn't get the diagram for the wiring of the car

My Freemasonry HD

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
OP hasn’t been on in five years, the thread is even older. Probably not following at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.