My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Message to my Craft (17 JAN 2021)

TonyT2020

Greetings RWs, PMs, and Brothers of the Craft,

On behalf of WM Blyden, I extend this message and prayer to you:

Message;

Over the last few weeks we have seen continued unrest as plots are foiled across America.

While we see division in our nation, we look to the example of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., for example.

He lived during a very divisive time in our nation's history as well.

While he could not sit back and overlook injustice, he did advocate activism via peaceful means.

He used his "freedom of speech" in a way that rallied millions while encouraging equality.

Today, it may seem easy to fall into polarized sides of an issue and repeat inflammatory talking points, but we must not.

As upright men and Masons, we are not divisive nor political. We embrace charity, integrity, fraternity, and respect.

Let us use these principles and the example of Dr. King as we go about our daily works and travels.

May we remember to use our talents and voices to promote harmony, equality, and peace.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

-Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Prayer:

Heavenly Father, we thank you for another Sunday and for getting us through another week.

Thank you for watching over the members of our great Lodge and keeping us safe during these turbulent times.

We ask that you bring our nation peace as we struggle with maintaining our Democratic Republic.

Continue to touch those suffering from the COIVD-19 virus, that they may be healed.

Bless all of those who are supporting them; the medical professionals, family, and friends.

I specifically ask that you remember Bro. Harris, in his daily walk, Mrs. Bohaty as she recovers, and my mother, who is now hospitalized.

I know that your will shall be done; I pray that it be your will that they all return to healthy and harmonious states.

Continue to empower us to do our part in making the world a better place.

May we find the principles of freemason in our daily work and grow in them.

Thank you for the example of Dr. King in facing adversity with peace.

Should we face opposition, may we embody that same peace as we advocate for justice.

God give us the serenity to accept the things that we cannot change, the courage to change the things that we can,

and wisdom to know the difference.

I pray that this correspondence finds you all very well and in the best of spirits.