My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Martinus Cosmology

Matt1

Has anyone ever heard about mr Martinus Thomsen, a Danish self taught thinker who came up with a model of ...well, everything. His model was soon named Martinus Cosmology and I think it's more popular in the Scandinavian countries and Europe.

The followers (there appear to be some) claim that Martinus Cosmology is not a religion and it says nothing too specific about God but it does accept one. I'm not really into this science but superficially it's quite fascinating.

Elexir

Im from Sweden and Ive never even heard of him but it might be becuse he is so new.

Dont seem to be that much depth to him but just new age ideas rolled up into a package and sold cheaply.

Matt1

Thank you Elexir, you helped me to put my finger on what I don't particularly like about their website. I was never really interested about New Age. Now I tried to look it up and yes, it's a whole marketplace for all kinds of nice and interesting things. I think most of this now fall under the category "Neo-spritualism" rather than "New Age".

According to Wikipedia the concept "New Age" has been around since the seventeenth century. the The Martinus Cosmology is much younger, only like 100 years.

Elexir

Thank you Elexir, you helped me to put my finger on what I don't particularly like about their website. I was never really interested about New Age. Now I tried to look it up and yes, it's a whole marketplace for all kinds of nice and interesting things. I think most of this now fall under the category "Neo-spritualism" rather than "New Age".

According to Wikipedia the concept "New Age" has been around since the seventeenth century. the The Martinus Cosmology is much younger, only like 100 years.

New age is a term most fitting for post modern mumbo jumbo without the spiritual anchor wich you find in esoterism and occult.
I recomend https://www.amazon.com/Place-Enchantment-British-Occultism-Culture/dp/0226642011 and https://www.amazon.com/Western-Esotericism-Guide-Perplexed-Guides/dp/1441136460 instead of trusting Wikipedia.

Matt1

Thank you Elexir. I am interested to find out more about the evolution of thought and if I'm not mistaken, there will be some on this subject that in Freemasonry, too.