My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look what I have found!

flameburns623

My uncle or grandfather's fez.

Apparently from Springfield Missouri.

Passed on as an heirloom to me. In a box of Masonic stuff and old photos.

It fits, though I obviously have no right to wear it.

Any information I can or should know about this keepsake?

Attachments

• 20161225_174808.jpg
    20161225_174808.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 813

flameburns623

Anything in particular I should do with this Fez, as it's inheritor? Just keep it put away and maintained?

Last edited:

Bloke

Premium Member
Keep it...you might want to use it as regalia one day... Mine is in a fez box, you would easily pick one up in the states and it also has a plastic insert to keep it in shape which remains in place when you wear it...

Store it like any clothing - in a dry place in a sealed container where bugs cannot go feasting. Mines in the box and then in a sealed plastic bag

flameburns623

Eventually petition a Shine so you can wear it in loving memory. As opposed to having it on display on a shelf in loving memory.

I can wear a Springfield Missouri Shriners Fez if I join a Shrine in southern Illinois?

Btw, I appreciate the info about the Fez box. Very useful.

Should I have the Fez professionally cleaned?

Bloke

Premium Member
I can wear a Springfield Missouri Shriners Fez if I join a Shrine in southern Illinois?

Btw, I appreciate the info about the Fez box. Very useful.

Should I have the Fez professionally cleaned?

I have no idea how to clean it.. but someone will know..

You probably could not wear it all the time..but like your apron, you could ask to be invested in it on initiation... we'd do that for you :)

dfreybur

Premium Member

My opinion - It is very cool to see a Brother wearing a heritage fez.

The real answer - You have to find out the local rules. My best guess is you need to get your own fez during your ritual. Then at later meetings it won't matter.

flameburns623

My opinion - It is very cool to see a Brother wearing a heritage fez.

The real answer - You have to find out the local rules. My best guess is you need to get your own fez during your ritual. Then at later meetings it won't matter.

Thanks.

I want to talk to some of the local Brothers about the care and keeping of this item. We have a couple of upcoming pancake breakfasts so that would be a good time.