My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inside An Abandoned Masonic Hall In Tappan, NY

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
Wow! What a great organization to build such a grand place for there brothers who might not have anything in there retirement years.

relapse98

I don't know about restoring the entire building, but I would kill for this stained glass window:

6894839008_c1e1016356_o.jpg

Txmason

@blakebowden

Blake,

Has anyone ever done a story or photos about the old Masonic home in Arlington, Texas?

I'd love to see it! Who owns it?

Jerry Johnston

Freemason Connect Premium App

chrmc

Thanks for sharing that was an interesting read. As other have said those glass windows should be taken down and put somewhere prominent. Don't think there is a lodge or temple that wouldn't kill to have them up.

BroBill

Site Benefactor
Site Benefactor
Thank you for posting this! Really increases my appreciation for the TMRC!

crono782

Premium Member
Thank you for posting this! Really increases my appreciation for the TMRC!

Indeed, that reminds me, I need to swing over there and visit. It's not too far from where I live...

I'm starting to wonder, how much would it cost to salvage what can be salvaged of that buildling and gut the rest and have it rebuilt as something like a masonic museum? Although I rather think that you'd be hard pressed to find someone to curate that entire building... :(

relapse98

I'm starting to wonder, how much would it cost to salvage what can be salvaged of that buildling and gut the rest and have it rebuilt as something like a masonic museum? Although I rather think that you'd be hard pressed to find someone to curate that entire building... :(

Texas monthly says millions.

That building to me is kinda like the old stuff that shows up on Pawn Stars. A lot of it is 'really neat', but its also worthless because noone will pay for it. If you make it into a museum, it has to have a) content and b) some way of paying the bills.

widows son

Premium Member
Restore it and use for its original purpose; to give shelter to those that can't afford it or who can't take care of themselves. I'd gladly donate money to that cause. I don't think a museum would stay a float. You would need more than just masons to visit to keep it alive. If became a museum for anything, it should be museum for the locals on the history of their town. A town over from me just demolished their 150 year old city hall building in favour of a newer building. I think that's wrong. Sure if you need to expand then do so, but demolishing that building just took away a good part of that towns history. That building would I made a great museum. My area was big back in the day for the Welland Canal and all the history is fading out through demolition, and neglect. A shame really.