My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you carry your weight and maintain bearing?

MorallyandMoral

Very newbie here; but, deeply researched and thought through. I carry my own weight of enormous moral responsibility initiated through a very VERY deep study of philosophy and Stoicism. I cannot imagine how Marcus Aurelius carried the weight of the Roman Empire, or Epictetus with his lame leg.

Yet, Freemasons carry such enormous weight that I find it incomprehensible.

How do you carry that weight and maintain your bearing, fellow brothers?

Bloke

Premium Member
Without taking anything (much) away from the Original Poster, I note on his profile "Home Lodge:Self-Taught". @MorallyandMoral - that's not how it works.

And seriously, I thought this was going to be a post about being overweight.. we do love out tucker us Freemasons.

You only feel weight when it's too heavy for you. And a load only becomes too heavy for you if you pick it all up at once.
Don't do that.

That's how I carry my "enormous moral responsibility", which, I suspect I perceive something like you do, but I don't pick it all up at once.

And I liked the quote from James from Gita 5:10. I do the same. Rather than go for something Biblical or Masonic, I'll go for this one;

Self-pity
I never saw a wild thing
sorry for itself.
A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
without ever having felt sorry for itself.

D. H. Lawrence

Winter

Premium Member
In my opinion, which literally is to the best of my knowledge, in the first degree the Common Gavel is to be used in terms of a convergent approach to factor in a particular skill set for this purpose. With regard to strategizing a mind set I am inclined to to take a comprehensive- listening stance on the subject for the ideas, or opinions of others that i hope to learn from in fact.
Is this all you intend to do here, resurrect years old threads with your nonsense AI generated posts as you continue to masquerade as a Freemason? Your conduct here is obviously some type of depression fueled attention seeking behavior or some other mental health issue. I sincerely hope you seek help soon so you can eventually find the validation in society you are so obviously lacking.

Bloke

Premium Member
Is this all you intend to do here, resurrect years old threads with your nonsense AI generated posts as you continue to masquerade as a Freemason? Your conduct here is obviously some type of depression fueled attention seeking behavior or some other mental health issue. I sincerely hope you seek help soon so you can eventually find the validation in society you are so obviously lacking.
He's gone ! I suspect divine intervention from the Moderation Gods :)

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
He's gone ! I suspect divine intervention from the Moderation Gods :)
Okay, it's been 20 days... We can officially declare this a dead thread again!

1679601497501.png

Spiro D'Estini

I also thought that this seems like AI generated blather.

:Ah I see that this comment to which I am replying is near a year old as well- the font color for the date is so close to white that I have to highlight the page like I am using a National Treasure cipher in order to read the date against the background. I will explore the display options.