My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from Fort Leavenworth, KS

PMWoodyWds

You will see my home lodge as Manitou Lodge #68 in Colorado Springs. I am a PM there and the current Master of Hancock #311 at Fort Leavenworth, KS. Why am I here? To improve myself in Masonry by seeking knowledge. As you can see below Hancock Lodge is the only lodge on a US Military base authorized by an act of congress.
The following text is taken from The Statutes at Large of the Sixty-Sixth Congress Session I, Chapter 8, Sub-Chapter III, page 130, Approved 11 July 1919, for fiscal year ending in 30 June 1920.
Actual text of the Statute
BOUGHTON MEMORIAL ASSOCIATION : That the Boughton Memorial Association, a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Kansas, be, and is hereby, authorized to erect and maintain a suitable building, under such regulations as the Secretary of War may prescribe, in and upon the United States military reservation at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, the plans of such building to be first approved and to be constructed in such location as may be prescribed by the Secretary of War : Provided, That the use of such portion of the ground floor of said building as may be necessary shall be given to the Post Office Department of the United States, free of charge, for the post-office service of the reservation .