My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Ritual as Junior Warden

Classical

Premium Member
Hey, no matter what happens, you'll no doubt do better than my first time as an emergency Tyler, two months after my EA initiation.... :)

Good Luck!

dfreybur

Premium Member
As the JW are you expected to know the obligation on the first? That's a common expectation in my jurisdictions. JW conferring at least one st, SW conferring at least one 2nd, WM conferring at least one 3rd.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Thats interesting.

In my mother lodge they try to have the conferral by someone that the candidate knows...IE my first line signer conferred my 2nd and 3rds, and my second line signer conferred my 1st. Also my first line signer conferred all 3 on his son and will confer them on his friends sons this may as their dad doesnt know all the parts. If that isnt possible the sitting Master or someone that knows that Deg the best will confer

At my lodge here in NM we just inducted a candidate in JAN and our Deputy to the supreme council AASR-SJ and him have known eachother for years and the Dep did the apron lecture.

Pscyclepath

Premium Member
I started working on my instructor certification as Senior Deacon, and received my Blue Card shortly after the start of my year in the South. I finished up with the Red Card (2d Section of the MM degree) last spring, as Senior Warden... the Grand Master came down to the lodge to present me my card, as there aren't too many blue/red card holders out there, that covering the entire adopted work ;-)

Here, the Junior Warden doesn't have a real big part in the ritual, save for filling his seat, but then that's also a big step on your way to the Oriental Chair, and traditionally it's the job of the Master to confer degrees. It's a lot of fun getting to that point, sadly, not too many brethren are that diligent about mastering the work. Congratulations on your first degree!