My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Digital during lockdown

Mark Stockdale

Premium Member
So who else is running a Zoom meeting or similar to keep in touch with brethren during the current lockdown situation?

I'm into my 5th week of meetings (20:30 UK time) where brethren can chat and then we finish with a toast to Absent Brethren. We've had brethren from Australia, Europe and the USA join with us for the 40 minute sessions (free on Zoom). I've also joined brethren from Ohio and Wisconsin in their daily meetings.

AndreAshlar

I just started running Zoom meetings for my Royal Arch chapter. In addition, I've attended several video meetings throughout my jurisdiction during this pandemic. I'll take part in at least 3 Masonic meetings this week but video.

Sent from my SM-G970U using My Freemasonry mobile app

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
GLCA is starting a speaker series and is doing workshops online.
I’ve been to “pub and snug” meetings with my English lodge, had discussions with my NM lodge (and other TO lodges in PA and SC), and had “stated” discussions with my local lodge as well as educational meetings. Since we aren’t meeting in someone’s building we have no bills so our stated meeting has been more of a check-in.

John Musselwhite

Premium Member
So who else is running a Zoom meeting or similar to keep in touch with brethren during the current lockdown situation?

I'm into my 5th week of meetings (20:30 UK time) where brethren can chat and then we finish with a toast to Absent Brethren. We've had brethren from Australia, Europe and the USA join with us for the 40 minute sessions (free on Zoom). I've also joined brethren from Ohio and Wisconsin in their daily meetings.

We have a Zoom "social" meeting on the same night as our regular lodge meetings (2nd and 4th Thursdays). Attendance varies, but it's still great to see our brothers in this trying time. We even get visitors from other lodges attending, which has been great! I like the idea of a toast at the end (or sometime) and will implement that at the next meeting.
S&F
John

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
The first of the Grand Lodge of California’s speaker series was last night featuring Brother Patrick Craddock of The Craftsman’s Apron. He spoke on the evolution of the apron in the US since 1740. Quite interesting. I believe their were Brothers from nineteen countries viewing.

Victoria Bonadonna

Hello,

Our lodge in Rome, Italy has been gathering through Google Meet for over a month now. Instead of have a monthly gathering, we gather online to have a weekly discussion. It is only our lodge from Athanor, and the participation varies, but it keeps us connect and the chain unbroken. I will suggest to open our meetings to the other local lodges.

Greetings from Italy
Triplo Forte Abbraccio

TonyT2020

Very nice, this sound very good. My Grand has been holding monthly TownHalls live via FB and my District and Lodge have held Zoom sessions. I think the fellowship is invaluable in these trying times.

Mark Stockdale

Premium Member
Due to the security issues we in Sweden are advised against using zoom whatsoever.

Zoom have greatly increased security in the face of increased usage during the pandemic. They now have 256 bit end to end encryption, most reported cases of meetings being gatecrashed are down to poor security on behalf of the meeting host, sharing the link and password in open social media groups etc.

Elexir

Zoom have greatly increased security in the face of increased usage during the pandemic. They now have 256 bit end to end encryption, most reported cases of meetings being gatecrashed are down to poor security on behalf of the meeting host, sharing the link and password in open social media groups etc.

Lets see if the GL changes its recomendation.
Im just passing on public information, Im not personally affected as I dont have any position.

You could try the less well known lifesize.com we use it for our work related meetings, I use zoom for family stuff.

Im just passing on public information, Im not personally affected as I dont have any position.
I use a special version of zoom for my studies.