My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Gay, Fornication Edict Upheld by GL in Georgia

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I don't know who you are talking about; it might be one of 6 that are on my ignore list. It's wonderful to not be bothered.
In tried that, but when others replied to them, the thread made even less sense--and that's a strong tatement.

dconaway

The character of a man is reflective by the company he keeps. Fornication is an immoral act. As Freemasons are we not to be of high moral character?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Mobile

Winter

Premium Member
The character of a man is reflective by the company he keeps. Fornication is an immoral act. As Freemasons are we not to be of high moral character?

Really? Nobody unmarried can have sex? What if my religion doesn't forbid it? I should have to abide by your definition of immorality rooted in a religion I am not even an adherent to?

Winter

Premium Member
♂️ that’s on you

So you're idea of a good time is to necro a 7 year old thread in support of those bigots in Georgia and call any Brothers that disagree with them immoral? Yeah, I guess that's on us. lol

dconaway

So you're idea of a good time is to necro a 7 year old thread in support of those bigots in Georgia and call any Brothers that disagree with them immoral? Yeah, I guess that's on us. lol

No your immoral life style would be on you. I am so sick of being labeled a bigot or racist because I do not agree with life style choices of others. I could care less you you f$&@ other men but Freemasonry has a code and should one be found not to follow it they should be removed. PERIOD!

Winter

Premium Member
No your immoral life style would be on you. I am so sick of being labeled a bigot or racist because I do not agree with life style choices of others. I could care less you you f$&@ other men but Freemasonry has a code and should one be found not to follow it they should be removed. PERIOD!

Actually, I am not gay. I was taking issue with your post on fornication being an immoral act. While I am not gay, I am also not married and definitely not a monk. But I do have several Brothers in our Craft that are gay and I love them the same as any Brother. The reason the label of bigot gets thrown around is because Brothers think they can force their views on others. If you do not approve of homosexuality or sex out of wedlock, that's fine. Live by those rules. But as soon as you say YOUR view of morality is the only acceptable one and when Brothers like you seek to impose those views on the Craft as law, then backlash is going to be inevitable. I just thank the Great Architect every day I don't live in a repressive state like that.

dconaway

Actually, I am not gay. I was taking issue with your post on fornication being an immoral act. While I am not gay, I am also not married and definitely not a monk. But I do have several Brothers in our Craft that are gay and I love them the same as any Brother. The reason the label of bigot gets thrown around is because Brothers think they can force their views on others. If you do not approve of homosexuality or sex out of wedlock, that's fine. Live by those rules. But as soon as you say YOUR view of morality is the only acceptable one and when Brothers like you seek to impose those views on the Craft as law, then backlash is going to be inevitable. I just thank the Great Architect every day I don't live in a repressive state like that.

I never said my view was the only acceptable one what I said is that if the Lodge deemed it so then it should be abided by. Do not put words in my mouth nor did I say you were gay, which you implied is immoral by say you were not. If you fornicate THAT is on you and no one else. I am fished with this conversation because as usual the liberal mindset believes that they are right and all else must abide by their rules. I would definitely not call you brother regardless of your standing or status

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member

Fornication, in the exact sense that Jesus spoke of it, is: A Transfer of Loyalty. It is NOT a sexual act. It is what is behind the sexual act and any other act that doesn't honor loyalty to your spouse, or any other person or group one has pledge loyalty to.

That being said:

1655580298145.png

Winter

Premium Member
I never said my view was the only acceptable one what I said is that if the Lodge deemed it so then it should be abided by. Do not put words in my mouth nor did I say you were gay, which you implied is immoral by say you were not. If you fornicate THAT is on you and no one else. I am fished with this conversation because as usual the liberal mindset believes that they are right and all else must abide by their rules. I would definitely not call you brother regardless of your standing or status

I am very glad you are fished with this conversation! lol

Winter

Premium Member
I've come to understand that these sorts WANT to be offended and,
by the string of threads they create,
are worthy of a participation trophy...

View attachment 6930
In his defense I tend to get a bit hot under the collar and let it show when so called Brothers seek to exclude good men because of their sexual orientation or other ridiculous reasons. As if a heterosexual Brother who abuses his wife is somehow better than an upstanding Brother who is gay.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
In his defense I tend to get a bit hot under the collar and let it show when so called Brothers seek to exclude good men because of their sexual orientation or other ridiculous reasons. As if a heterosexual Brother who abuses his wife is somehow better than an upstanding Brother who is gay.
I was looking at the trend of posts over that last few weeks.