My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amended and Restated Compact

dfreybur

Premium Member
Sounds interesting. Is this something that each state GL publishes?

Most of the time when recognition happens it is simply asked for and voted on. For full traditional recognition there's no need for a compact that lists the details of the agreement.

It is my very biased opinion that any recognition that involves a compact is actually the establishment of a second class status among jurisdictions, with both jurisdictions placing each other in that second class status. Just vote full and traditional without any need for a compact in my very biased opinion.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Most of the time when recognition happens it is simply asked for and voted on. For full traditional recognition there's no need for a compact that lists the details of the agreement.

It is my very biased opinion that any recognition that involves a compact is actually the establishment of a second class status among jurisdictions, with both jurisdictions placing each other in that second class status. Just vote full and traditional without any need for a compact in my very biased opinion.
Oh, I see. So a compact is a written agreement concerning recognition between two distinct lodges?