My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AF&AM to Prince Hall in VA

jfree7997

Good Day or Evening. I am in Newport News, Va and I am interested in becoming a Prince Hall Mason. I was raised to the degree of Master Mason about four years ago AF&AM but had to step away from lodge for a few reasons. During that time I have done some thinking and feel that Prince Hall is where I would like to pick and continue my Masonic journey. Any guidance on what I may need to do to get this transition going would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry mobile app

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
When you say AF&AM are you referring to the MWGLoVA AF&AM or some spurious group claiming to be AF&AM? Either way since VA and PHA VA don't recognize each other you would have to petition the PHA lodge and renounce you previous membership

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

MRichard

Mark A. Ri'chard
Premium Member
Visit one of the PHA lodges you are interested in. They should be able to guide you in the right direction.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I’ve attended Prince Hall. I first sat as a pro tem Officer c. 1997 . While the question was for the individual who is considering the change, I’m not sure of your point. Are implying other regular Masons don’t carry the true word of Freemasonry?

Last edited:

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
Not sure what he is alluding to but there's nothing that is taught in one that isn't taught in the other. I think he's talking about the activities that are performed but even there you can find good being performed by both affiliations.

Sent from my SM-G955U using My Freemasonry mobile app

tldubb

Premium Member
I’m not sure either. I know in my jurisdiction we pride ourselves in our ritualistic work and degree work. So, he may be referring to how we as Prince Hall Masons take special pride in that aspect of our freemasonry. But with anything follow your heart Brother.

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Reginald Owens

Yes. Their lineage couldn't be traced back to Ireland or Scotland. When I started asking questions they couldn't give me a legitimate answer. It was obvious then I was in the wrong place.