My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CLewey44

http://www.themasonicroundtable.com/tmr300/

This is a link to the Masonic Roundtable's page that is hosting an event in honor of the 300th anniversary of Freemasonry. It is supposed to have some great speakers and a fun weekend. Not sure if I'm going or not but any brothers that are in this area may consider. Supposed to be very good.

goomba

Neo-Antient
Site Benefactor
My lodge is within 30 minutes of there. However, we are planning a lodge trip that will probably be that weekend. You can't win them all.

Bro-greg

This bro smalls hailing from Goodhope lodge 376 Hemingway SC i see you are from Fairport is that freeport because i lived in Roosevelt. Is that near there?

CLewey44

Am I just too grumpy if I point out it's not the 300th anniversary of Freemasonry, but of the English GLs?
I think you are pointing out something of relevance for sure. But I guess 1717 is sort of the "(un)official" year, right?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Well, though I'm a UGLE Mason, no, it is not even unofficial anniversary of Freemasonry, as warrants were all ready being granted in Scotland, and minutes are extant from 1599

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Sadly, this sound bite is going around. The conference at UCLA is "300 Years of Freemasonry."

CLewey44

I knew speculative had been around before 1717 but I always thought that was the official year. About as official as Area 51 not existing all those years. ;) (that should stir the tin-foilers)