My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Act Fast! Beat Another Price Increase on Freemasons For Dummies!

by Christopher Hodapp

Heads up, bargain hunters! He who hesitates is poor.

About three weeks ago, I popped open a new case of Freemasons For Dummies 3rd edition paperbacks and discovered to my great shock that Wiley Publishing has suddenly raised the cover price again, from $24.99 to $27.99. That's an $8 increase in just two years.

No, I'm not a bit happy about it.

But if you want to get in on a last-minute price break for just a single copy or two, Amazon is currently still selling
Freemasons For Dummies 3rd edition for just $19.99 apiece, and still lists the book's full cover retail price at the old rate of $24.99. And if you're an Amazon Prime member, you get free shipping, too.

(Unfortunately,
Barnes & Noble's online store has already figured out the price increase, so you'll pay full boat through them.)

I know that lodges and grand lodges often order a large number of the books as gifts for new members. Ordering directly through Wiley Publishing will give you a substantial discount if you buy certain quantities – call their customer service line at (800) 225-5945‬ and ask about bulk order pricing. (They'll ask you for the ISBN Number: 978-1-119-84342-9) Just beware of ever-increasing shipping prices.

Please understand that I had nothing to do with the increases, wasn't even informed about it, and I certainly don't receive a bigger royalty check from it. I don't know how long the old price will hang around on Amazon before they discover Wiley's new higher price, but take advantage of it while the gettin's good.

Continue reading...